Thursday, November 4, 2010

What I Make...

I'm linking up with Kelly at Kelly's Korner for...

SHOW US YOUR LIFE...WHAT DO YOU MAKE??

A few years back I was trying to decide on more personal gifts for Christmas. Something that my family could have for a long time. I came across some plates that had family figures with their names on them. They were adorable, but kind of pricey. So I went to a local boutique where I knew a lady who painted there and asked her if she mind trying to paint me a couple for my family as gifts for Christmas. She said yes! They turned out great and everyone has them displayed in their home all year round. I thought about it and said "HEY! They can't be that hard to make". So what did I do? I went out and bought the supplies and a plate and painted away. I have only sold a few, but I mostly do them for wedding gifts. I also have painted a few canvas boards for small children. I would love to have a booth somewhere at one of our local boutiques, but they all want too much to display them. As I said in my last post, I would LOVE to make more of these. Christmas will be here before we know it so if ANYONE would like me to paint them a plate I'd be more than thrilled. Here are a few of my designs I've done.
BTW-Each plate comes with a easel.


{bridal shower plate}

{a family plate}

{this is a signature plate, everyone was able to sign around the edges}


{a family plate}


{a wedding plate}



{a teacher plate}


{a teacher plate}


{initial plate}


{canvas painting for a baby gift-which i tie with ribbon to hang}

I hope everyone enjoys reading about what I make, I can't wait to read about every ones hobbies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment