Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekend Recap..

I hope everyone is having a great week.
I'm trying to catch up on the blogging world. We were so busy this past weekend that I didn't have time to do anything, not even clean my house! *gasp* haha!

{Friday}
After working all day, the longest day of the week for me, I got home and changed clothes so Eric and I could go to a movie. We went to see Due Date and it was such a good movie, we laughed the entire time! I definatly recommend everyone to go watch it! After that we went to a friend of Eric's house to play corn hole. It's pretty much a bean bag game where you try to ring the hole from about 20 ft away.



After leaving there, this is when we found the kitten, I told the story about it HERE, after all the excitement, we got home and went straight to bed. We both had a full fun day ahead of us.




{Saturday}
After working till 12:00 I headed out to the 3rd Annual Josh Ray Flag Football Tournament. It's in remembrance of a guy that went to school with us and who dated one of my friends. He passed away in a car accident about 3 years ago. All the money is to go to a scholarship in his name. Eric was playing on one of the many teams in the tournament and they actually ended up winning! I was so proud! He was the one that scored the ONLY touchdown in the last game. Way to go baby!!! He is still talking about it. It was so cold outside, the wind made it worse. By 8:00 at the championship game we were all bundled up with coats, hoodies, blankets and scarves! We survived and took home the trophy! After going home and showering we headed out to Josh's dads house. He has a great set up out there for a get together with friends & family. His dad plays in a band called Crossroadz, they are great! They played while everyone enjoyed a pig roast. We had a great time seeing everyone and celebrating the guys BIG win! After leaving there we headed back home, and then leaving almost as soon as we got home to head to the Waffle House, the boys were hungry, and I was too since I hadn't ate since lunch time that day! After eating it was time to hit the sack and turn the time back an hour...hoping to get a extra hour of sleep.

(at the tournament)


(the winning team-Good job guys!)


(Eric & I after his win)


(Eric & I at the pig roast)


(Gena Lynn & I at the pig roast)

{Sunday}

5:30am I'm UP!! What in the world!!!! Of course I went back to sleep, but I hate waking up that early. After getting a few more hours of rest I headed to my parents to help them with somethings around the house. We then got ready and headed for a late afternoon lunch with my mothers side of the family for my grandma & step-grandfathers birthdays. Their birthdays are only 1 day apart. We then headed back to their house for cake and coffee. We had a great time with them and hated to leave, but Eric's aunt needed us to help her do inventory at her store since she will be leasing it out soon. We were there for three hours before heading home. I was SO ready to get in my warm bed with my puppy and Eric! I slept like a baby Sunday night.



(My granny & I)


(Ed & I)

{Monday}
I worked till 4:00, unfortunately, then headed home to pick up some pecans out in our yard. We have about 8 trees FULL of pecans! We are hoping to make a few dollars this year off of them. When Eric got home we headed to his moms to look at a few cabins that I found for us to stay in when we go to the mountains in about 3 weeks. We decided on a couple and hope to make a final decision this week. We then headed to the mall to find Eric some jeans for his birthday(the 17th). He found 4 pair that looked great on him! His mom got all of them for him! She also bought me some stuff at Bath & Body Works. She bought me some refills for my Wallflower plug-ins and some lotion.

Secret Wonderland Single Wallflowers® Refill - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works

Secret Wonderland Wallflower refill-smells amazing!!

Forever Sunshine Body Lotion - Signature Collection - Bath & Body Works
Forever Sunshine Lotion-I love this smell

After we shopped we headed home with Zaxbys. We should have eaten at home since Eric got his deer, that he shot a few weeks ago, back from the processor. 35 packs of hamburger meat! That's A LOT!


I will leave y'all with this funny picture of my sweet Emmie. Every time you sit down in our house with a pair of socks on, they get taken off....

(FYI-those are NOT holes on the top of my sock it's a design that is stretched out since she is tugging on it)



(she just doesn't like for you to wear socks in the house)


Well this post is long enough already so I will leave it at that.
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment