Saturday, October 30, 2010

Haunted Forest, Costumes, & treats...

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far!
The weather finally feels like fall in South Georgia!! YAY!
Perfect for grilling & partying! :)

Last night, after getting off work, Eric, his mom, & I went to a haunted house about 45 minutes away from our town. It was SO worth the drive and the money to get in! It was really scary or maybe I'm just a chicken. It was actually a haunted forest, but of course they had it set up like a maze with the black tarps to make it dark and so the scary people could hide behind it, jump out and scare the daylights out of you! haha! And for the record, I DO NOT (I repeat) DO NOT like when they follow behind you and don't say anything....creeps me out!! There was several times when this happened and what do ya know I was the last in the line, but it didn't take me long to get to the front! ha! At one point this guy brought out the chainsaw. Usually this is done at the end of haunted rides, houses, or forest. Not this time! It was in the middle of the 'trip'. This part scared me SO bad that I actually pushed Eric's mom on accident and she fell. OOPS! She was OK, but after it was all over it was kind of funny! All in all we enjoyed ourselves and will be recommending it to others!

I have finally finished our costumes. And if y'all are wondering what they are, I guess I could go ahead and tell you! Eric's costume is a JUICY JUICE BOX. Ever since high school he has been called by the name of  'Juice'. Don't ask why because I have no idea. I don't think he even knows. But it's just one of those names that has stuck with him throughout the years. Most people only know him as "Juice" and not Eric. Anyways...we decided that a Juicy Juice Box would be the perfect costume for him! So...I found a box and we painted it green, cut out some arm holes, and a hole for his head. I made the letters and everything that goes on the front, and I fixed him up a straw for the top. He is going to wear black sweat pants and a black long sleeve shirt.  I'd have to say it turned out GREAT!! I was very pleased with the outcome. It is going to be hilarious!!  As for my costume, I'm a angel :)! I didn't want to spend a lot of money. All I ended up buying was the wings, and fake eyelashes. I already had a white dress, and I handmade my halo(OMG --this took forever)!! I can't wait to take pictures of everyone dressed up!

In a couple of hours we are headed over to a friends to grill and watch the GA/FL game (GOOO DAWGS)!! I really would like a nap since we didn't get home until late, but I have too much to do before this afternoon and the party tonight. I hate going empty handed somewhere, even though we weren't told to bring anything I feel like I needed to. So I made these yummy sausage rolls....

What you will need:
2 packs of regular Jimmy Dean(or another brand) sausage
2 packs of cream cheese
4 packs of croissants
(I usually throw in a little garlic powder to season it)

1. Brown your sausage and drain
2. Melt down cream cheese until mixable
3. Add sausage with cream cheese until well mixed
4. Roll out and separate croissants
5. Cover the croissants with the sausage and cream cheese and then roll up
6.Bake on 400 until croissants are brown.
7.ENJOY!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I can't wait to share our pictures with y'all and of course see what everyone else dressed up as!!

-Laci-Jae-

No comments:

Post a Comment