Monday, January 24, 2011

Drinks, OCD, & The Bachelor

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Here is a little re cap of ours:

{Friday}

I worked late as usual on Friday’s. After getting home and changing clothes we headed over to a friend of Eric’s, for supper. We had a yummy dinner that consisted of baked chicken thighs, macaroni & cheese, corn, & green beans. It was very good! I was very thankful I didn’t have to cook since I worked later than usual. After dinner we stayed around for a while and watched Hardcore Pawn…have y’all ever watched it? I would be so scared to work there, some of those people were scary! After it was over we said our goodbyes and then headed home, a whole mile up the road! Haha! Eric & I were both drained and dead tired from school and work so we hit the sack as soon as we got home. And plus, I had to work on Saturday!

{Saturday}

After dragging myself out of the bed, while Eric & Emmie stayed all warm and peacefully asleep, I made the 15 minute drive to work. Wishing the whole way that I was still snuggled up in bed. After a BIG cup of French Vanilla coffee I woke up. I felt great and had a great day at work. I worked till noon and then headed back home. I knew we’d be out late that night so I grabbed Emmie and got back in my big cozy bed and took an amazing 3 hour nap!! Apparently, I haven’t been sleeping good at night, well I know I haven’t. I wake up SEVERAL times a night to use the bathroom, or just look at the clock. I have no idea why! Anyways…after waking up from my nap I felt so refreshed and was ready to do something! Eric & I got dressed and headed over to another friend of his, house. He offered to cook us dinner since we do so much for them (him and his sweet girlfriend). We are always having them over to our house when we grill. It was a very nice Dominican style dinner (he is from the Dominican Republic and came here to play Baseball-he has a very interesting story about his journey here). It was nice to change it up some. After hanging out for a while Eric & I headed to the bar to use up a gift card that we got for Christmas. We enjoyed two hours of just the two of us drinking & chatting away. Well he drank for two hours , I had one or two since I was the driver. Responsible, I know! J Afterwards we headed home where we just snuggled on the couch and chatted some more. I love having a deep conversation with him. Especially about our future! J


(heading out)


(Emmie & I)


{Sunday}

We slept in! Whoo-hoo! This is the only day of the week that we get to sleep in together since he started school and it’s SO nice! When we finally got up, I headed to my moms to take her something that I had monogrammed at a local boutique in the town that I work at (since it’s right across the street from my office, it’s very easy to drop it off and pick it back up when it’s ready). I stayed for a little while and let Emmie see her “Unie” (as she wants to be called, don’t ask! Haha)! My mom adores her. I hate to see when I have children, they will be so spoiled, but that’s ok, right?

After spending some time with her, I headed back home to tackle my house. I have a thing for cleaning. And I have a thing for a clean home. Needless to say I have really bad OCD, but I absolutely LOVE going to bed, and starting a new week knowing that my house is cleaned from top to bottom & organized. Well this afternoon I was on the war path. I’m talking about I was wiping down doors, blinds, baseboards, windows (inside & out), and organized closets! EVERY THING that usually doesn’t get touched! Man it felt so good! I think I actually slept better last night knowing my house was REALLY clean. Even Eric helped. We just turned off the TV and turned my IPOD on loud and went to town. After a quick dinner of grilled deer sausage we called it quits and headed off to bed!

{Monday}
I woke up this morning feeling wonderful! I was ready to go to work, and actually do work. Haha sounds crazy, I know! I have had a great day so far, and I plan to make it even better by heading to the track when I get off. And Eric will be going with me, to push me! Haha Lord knows I need it. I’ve been attempting to do couch to 5K with a friend, but I’m not one to follow a guideline so I think it is best that I run at my own pace. This time last year I was running a mile and it didn’t bother me, but I’ve let myself get comfortable and  I’m at the point where I want to be healthy, eat healthy, and I want my body to be the way it should. Whatever it takes I’m sticking to it this time. I know I have a great support system and I can do this! I need prayers though, as it will be hard for me!

Anyways….The Bachelor comes on tonight and I can’t wait.


Emily

I’m rooting for this girl! She is so pretty and down to earth.


Michelle


And….I’m rooting for THIS girl to LEAVE! She seems psycho!

Who do y’all hope stays & goes? I’d love to hear your opinions!

This week Eric will be qualifying at the Gun Range. I’m not sure exactly what he has to do, but I do know it is going to be tough. He has to qualify twice within 6 tries (whatever that means), if he fails he is kicked out. Please say an extra prayer for him as he tries his best to do qualify!


I hope everyone has a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! SOO excited for The Bach!!! I really want Michelle to go home!!

    ReplyDelete